Sunday, June 29, 2014

The Next Step to Just Be Awesome: Meditation & Mindfulness


I can't begin to tell you how meditation & mindfulness have improved my life. Headspace is a website and app that I have been using. They have a free 10-day meditation series that you can use on it's own, with the option to add more. In just a brief amount of time, I feel more at ease with who I am, what I am doing, and why I am doing it, as I've had questions with this, as many of us may do, as I discuss here.  Even in the instances of chaos in my life, and in my brain, I can more easily center myself, being more intentional in the moment.
A good place to start meditation & mindfulness is with the Active Relaxation exercises from the 30-DJT Journey. If you haven't already started these exercises, because you just "scanned through" the blog posts, I encourage you to at least try these Active Relaxation portions of the day, here, here, here, and here!  It's also important to just be active to help bring life joy, so if there is one Active Movement exercise you are willing to try, please try the 5 Tibetan Rites of Rejuvenation!

These Active Relaxation exercises, along with the Active Movement exercises of the 5 Rites/Yoga and natural walking, can bring you an appreciation for yourself and everything around you!  You will also find that you are more authentic in who you are, as well as what you eat, because your mind & body starts to crave things that are Real!  This truly can help you find your optimal self and purpose in life, bringing you to reach out and help others, and may even help you find what gives you joy in life!

<3 Cheryl Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment