Wednesday, June 25, 2014

My Awesome Not-Meatloaf Recipe

You've got to try my awesome not-meatloaf recipe! Our book club helped my girlfriend make 30 casseroles of her 'Special K Loaf' recipe for our church's Easter potluck this year. It is my favorite and so delicious, but I wanted to try a gluten-free option...so this is what I came up with. 

Cheryl Joy's Awesome Not-Meatloaf Recipe
(Makes one 9x13-inch dish)

*Two-10.5 ounce logs or 21 ounces of Fresh Goat Cheese or Kefir/Yogurt Cheese.
7 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup pecan nuts, chopped
4 cups Luke's Organic Brown Rice Chips, coarsely broken into smaller pieces
3 teaspoons or cubes of Chicken or Vegetable Bouillon, organic ideal
1 small to medium onion, chopped
1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter, grass-fed ideal

Preheat oven to 350F.  Mix ingredients together (Tip: I just use my hands to mix the ingredients, since the cheese combines better this way!).  Pour into a buttered 9x13-inch casserole dish.  Bake for 40 - 45 minutes.  *I buy my goat cheese at Costco, making it a cost-effective purchase.

Adapted from my BFFFs (Best Fun Friend Forever) Special K Loaf recipe.


My family loves my Awesome Not-Meatloaf Recipe! Serve it with a side of salad, and there's dinner! My favorite salad is arugula and plum-variety tomatoes mixed with a 2:1 ratio of extra-virgin olive oil and fresh-squeezed lemon, seasoned with sea salt & cracked black pepper to taste.  Enjoy, and as always, find what gives you joy in life!

<3 Cheryl Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment