Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Just Be Authentic: Part I of 30-Day Joylife Training Journey Preparation


If you have been following me along on 'the joy life club' now, you have probably seen a theme throughout the blog and each post. It is to Just Be in these three areas---Authentic, Active, Awesome. Like I have said before, if you can follow these 3As, you can live your optimal life with increased energy & vitality!
  • In order to be Awesome and live a quality, joy-filled life, you need to get your sleep, like I discuss in this post. This helps you be more present & mindful in each moment, giving you clarity & focus.
  • Joy comes in the middle of a little TLC when you are Active doing things you enjoy & love. See the suggestions I give, with my own joyful activities in this post, and think of active things that make you happy and that you love to do.
  • Finally, being Authentic in everything you do is important. Being true to yourself, being true to others. This starts with being true in what you nourish your body with, which is with real food, discussed in this post. We are what we eat, so to be your authentic self, eat real food!
So with that in mind, that's what we are going to start with: A True Commitment for your True Self---

Be true to yourself by committing to the 30-Day Joylife Training Journey (30-DJT). This is your commitment & words to live by while on the 30-DJT Journey, with the goal of reaching your optimal life & health with increased energy & vitality. Make a pact with me and/or someone else, so you can be true to and accountable to another person, with these following statements:
  1. I promise to stick to and follow each day of the 30-DJT to the best of my ability, remembering that I am making a positive, permanent change & improvement in my life. This program is not about following a quick-fix diet or exhausting workout training program that I will give up & burnout on. This program will change my life for the best, allowing me to have optimal physical, mental, emotional, as well as spiritual health & wellness.
  2. If I start to feel stressed, frustrated, or just need support, I will reach out to my accountable person (AP) and/or I will comment on the blog or email Cheryl Joy for positive reinforcement.
  3. I will properly prepare for my 30-DJT Journey, with the suggestions & tips that follow, because the more organized & prepared I am, the smoother my journey will be. This preparation, along with setting up a routine, will increase my chances for success.
  4. I will not compare myself to anyone else, realizing that I am an awesome, unique individual who has the ability and power to make positive changes in my life.
  5. I am going into this 30-DJT Journey with the right attitude, knowing that regardless of any distractions or challenges, I will be loving & kind to myself. I will not beat myself up if I am not "perfect" during the journey, but instead will get back on track knowing that I am strong & capable.
  6. Finally, I will call upon God, the universe, or other higher power I believe in, to be my guide during the 30-DJT Journey.
  7. I vow to follow these words and commit myself to becoming my optimal self!
Now to prepare you for our 30-DJT Journey with these suggestions & tips---
  • Not only mentally prepare yourself for this journey, but tell those around you about your journey. They can hopefully support you, or at least know what you're doing. Bring as much of your family on board, at least for the nutrition portion, since anyone can benefit from eating healthy, whole, real food!
  • Physically prepare yourself by letting your PCP (Primary care provider/physician) know you are starting the 30-DJT Journey and what it entails. Tell them it's basically not a crazy diet, just healthy REAL food. Regarding exercise, we are starting with 15-minute walks at your natural pace, and with tiny, low-impact workouts ranging from 2-10 minutes. This program also requires that you sleep at least 7-8 hours with naps, as needed.
  • Authentic: Go grocery shopping and prepare for your upcoming real food meals. Make sure you have access to pure, filtered drinking water. Get a water bottle that fits at least 32 ounces & can go anywhere with you. Make sure you shop for the best quality, whole, real food that you can afford.
  • Active: Plan your 15-minute walks for the day and commit to at least 2 per day, ideally 3 per day. Suggested times for walks, 1) before work, 2) once at a work break, twice if possible, 3) after work and/or after dinner. Remember to be active throughout the day, even if it's just parking farther, going up stairs, or fitting in tiny workouts. Make sure you have good, supportive walking shoes.
  • Awesome: I know most of you may balk at this, but quality sleep is a crucial part of the journey! If you are not getting at least 7-8 hours of sleep per night, push back your bedtime 1/2 hour every 5 days until you reach your ideal minimum. If that is difficult for you, at least get in a 20-30 minute nap in during the day, at least 2-3 days per week. Make sure you have a bed to sleep on ;-)
In the next post, Part II of 30-Day Joylife Training Journey Preparation, I will give you the format and guidelines for our journey. I will also include a suggested shopping list so you can prepare for your first week.
All this information prepares you for our upcoming 30-DJT Journey next week here!

Comment, message, or email me if you have any questions, if you just need support and encouragement, or if you want to just say hey! I hope you are just excited about our journey as I am! Tell me your thoughts and as always, find what gives you joy in your life.

                                                               <3 Cheryl Joy


No comments:

Post a Comment