Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Press Reset...The Liver Cleanse Smoothie


Sometimes in life you just want to press the 'reset' button. That is how I felt last week after all the graduation celebrations for my kids!
Here's the red velvet cake that I made with my own hands! Hey, I made it healthier this time by using coconut oil instead of vegetable oil. I'm going to try replacing the red dye for beet juice the next go around. In regards to gluten-free, I don't know, but don't think it'd be the same, but I'm going to try and post the recipe if I get it just right!
Anyway...I ate the red velvet cake, along with rice paper-wrapped, deep fried plantains my mom made. This is all AFTER I had a plate-full of delicious homemade Filipino food, made by my mother (the Pancit, rice noodles), my mother-in-law (the Lumpia, egg rolls), and my husband (the Best Chicken Adobo Ever---recipe here), over white jasmine rice! I also contributed to the meal by purchasing the Kale Salad from Costco! Honestly, all this is Authentic REAL FOOD (except for red dye...), so I really didn't do that bad...it was my portion control that wasn't the best ;)  And my sleep was not the best since I stayed up and woke up early making that cake!
I drank more wine than usual, as you can see with the 3 glasses I had...they were only filled 1/4 full, I promise :D  So as you can see, I needed a major reset from all the good food & wine, and lack of sleep!

My Go-to Remedy now is The Liver Cleanse Smoothie!

The Liver Cleanse Smoothie
(Makes about 6 - 8 ounces)
Juice of 1 Grapefruit
Juice of 1 Lemon
1 Garlic Clove
2-5 Slices of Ginger Root, peeled
1/2 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
Place in a blender to liquefy, pour in a cup, and enjoy this cleansing smoothie!
Try it for 2 - 3 mornings, with or without a light breakfast, and make sure you know where the bathrooms are, because the cleanse can work really well for some!

So you see...sometimes life just happens...don't beat yourself up! Go back to the 30-Day Joylife Training , even back to the basics with the Keep It Simple 30-DJT, and get back on your journey to your optimal self! Remember that the goal is to enjoy yourself while on the journey and not stress about the challenges along the way. Because once you change your lifestyle for the best, you'll realize that sometimes you can't take things so seriously. It'll be easier for you to just brush yourself off, get up, and start on your path again!

Have you ever needed to press reset after a much needed vacation, celebration, or just because you had to have that dessert? Let me know, then reset, get back on track, and as always, find what gives you joy in your life!

                                                                      <3 Cheryl Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment