Friday, September 5, 2014

Simplify

Simplify...that's what I want to do now. In fact, I've gone as far as convincing the hubby to sell our house so we can downsize from our 3500 square foot home into one no larger than 1800 square feet. I mean, how much space do my husband, dog and I need now after our youngest has graduated from high school?

Our realtor is coming today with the photographer, so I've been purging the house in order to stage it for showings and an open house on Sunday! I have been wanting to get rid of all our unnecessary stuff and junk for awhile, so putting the house on the market is just the push I needed! It's crazy how such a daunting task becomes doable when there's an incentive.

I found an article in Sunset Magazine here about a family of four who down-sided from a 3000 square foot home into a 1400 square foot home. Not only did they choose to live in a smaller home with two grade school boys, they adopted the goal of a Zero-waste home. Wow! I was intrigued enough to purchase their book on how to live with minimal waste and stuff because seriously, we have accumulated so much sh** in our over 25 years together.

Now that I have taken all the unnecessary home furnishings and furniture out of the house, my next task is to go through the closets and finally the garage to organize all the clutter in order to sell, donate, or keep. I will keep you all updated on my progress, and am going to try to heed the Zero-waste home philosophy found here.

What do you hang onto that clutters up your life? As much as I've loved our home, it's time to move on and let go into the next phase in order to continue to find joy in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment