Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Body (and Mind) Transformation During My Own Journey


They say that a picture is worth a thousand words. This is why I am sharing an unretouched photo here from March 1, 2014 and June 1, 2014. I thought it may encourage some of you out there if I were to be transparent about my own journey. I have lost a total of 12 lbs; I am more toned, with less fatigue, and a more positive outlook and attitude. I know that the weight loss may not be as dramatic as some weight loss programs. But the goal here is not just weight loss, it's improving your health and lifestyle in making permanent changes; finding and getting to your optimal self!

I encourage you to take front-view and side-view photos of yourself before your journey, in a two-piece swim suit for women, a pair of swim trunks for men (if you've started your journey already, no worries, just take some starting now). Even if the scale doesn't show dramatic changes, pictures will tell the truth. Once you get going, these photos will actually encourage you, even though it is hard to honestly look at. And no, you don't have to show them to anyone else but yourself! I prefer to take photos every month, although every week may be fine for those who don't have much to lose or just need to tone up. This monthly or weekly photo chronicle will help motivate you, showing your progress and inspire you to continue your journey, no matter how difficult it becomes.

Wherever your starting point may be, compare yourself only to you! Not to me, not to your sister or brother, not to your best friend. This is about you and your optimal health and finding your optimal self, not someone else! Continue to follow the 30-DJT Journey, be persistent and true to yourself, and you will start to see changes in not only your physical, but your mental, emotional, and even spiritual self.

Be transformed and let me know if you have any thoughts or comments, and as always, find what gives you joy in your life!

                                                                    <3 Cheryl Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment